Sarek Oy - Registrar services 1.0a(Last update 2020-07-29)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GeneralSarek accepts applications (orders) regarding registration of domain names and associated services under the terms presented herein, which the User acknowledges and accepts by submitting the application. In cases where Sarek accepts the assignment, the application is prepared, handled and forwarded to the respective top-level domain. It is therefore Sareks right to refuse an assignment offered. Sarek has no control over the top-level domain’s handling of the matter, fees or liability for them. It is incumbent upon the User to read the rules applicable for the top-level domain in question before submitting an application. The User herewith confirms that he has also read, understood and approved the following terms and conditions and policies which affect this Agreement:
Fees and pricesAs the application procedure, application fees and applicable running registration renewal fees differ significantly from case to case depending on which top-level domain a domain will be registered under, current information is provided within the framework of each individual application process. All fees are to be paid upfront. Fees paid will not be paid back. Visit our website for prices and rules for each domain, www.sarek.fi. We reserve the right to change prices and rules at any time. In the case of non-compliance with Sareks General Terms and Conditions or in the case of any unpaid outstanding invoice, Sarek as registrar has the right to deregister your domain names irrespective of any activities under them. This means in such cases that your domains will be deactivated and that any DNS services with associated connections may all cease functioning.
Contact informationThe User and contact persons associated with the domain consent to the registration of personal particulars and their public accessibility via the Internet. It is incumbent upon the User to obtain the contact persons' consent per the above before submitting the application for registration. The User guarantees and undertakes to ensure that ALL information provided in connection with an application for registration of domain names is correct and that Sarek will subsequently be provided with written notification of any changes concerning such information. The User is responsible for ensuring that any notified changes are duly implemented. Registered data about the registered SLD holder and associated contacts can be rectified via the website www.sarek.fi, using the allocated user ID and password. If the contact information is changed this shall be rectified immediately, and in any case within 5 days at the latest.
ManagementDomains under the User's account enable automatic renewal of the domain name upon which a domain expires when this function is closed. Notice of termination of domains is given by disconnecting the automatic renewal process. Automatic renewal is enabled on each domain by default. Notice of termination must be submitted before the renewal date listed on customer account for each domain, at which point further registration renewal fees for the coming period will otherwise be debited at the applicable rate. See also Appendix 1. Current renewal price can be found by searching the domain on the search field at sarek.fi followed by a click on the info icon and then by selecting "renew domain".
Transfer out from Sarek OyIn order to transfer your domain out from Sarek, please log in to your account. From there you can obtain the "Authorization info code" needed to transfer your domain from Sarek to your new registrar. When you request the code, the domain will be automatically unlocked. For those domains where there is no "Authorization info code" or where it cannot be obtained through your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or using the support form on the website) to obtain the ”Authorization info code” and further instructions. The code will be sent within 5 days. There will be no fees for domains transferred out from Sarek.
Whois status generic top level domainIn order to protect your domain from unauthorized transfer and from being transferred without your consent, the domain will automatically be given the status ClientTransferProhibited. This status can be removed upon your request, by requesting an authorization code. By approving this agreement, you give your consent to give the domain the status ClientTransferProhibited.
DeletionThe User accepts that Sarek may delete the User's registered domain name if information provided by the User proves to be inaccurate or misleading, as judged by Sarek. In the case of abuse of the domain name and abuse of our services, including but not limited to spam, phishing, human rights violations or causing general offence, Sarek as registrar has the right to deactivate the domain name.
Transgression and annulmentAny transgression of this agreement, irrespective of when it occurs or occurred and irrespective of what form the transgression takes, will be seen as a gross infringement. If the user has not rectified this within a period of 15 days after notification, Sarek retains the right to deregister the domain.
Responsibilities and RolesYou declare that, to the best of Your knowledge, neither the registration nor the direct or indirect use of Your domain name violates the rights of third parties or the applicable laws in force.
You represent and warrant that you have, throughout the Agreement, all the rights, authorizations, licenses, or any other element necessary for the choice of Your domain name and the use made of Our Services, in order to be able to justify it, if necessary, at first request.
You agree not to use the Service, the Optional Accessory Services, if any, subscribed, or Your domain name to engage, directly or indirectly, in any unlawful, fraudulent, deviant, abusive, abusive, or harmful activities or practices of any kind whatsoever.
You are fully responsible for any consequences and any problems or disputes relating to the choice, registration and use/operate of Your domain name and the Optional Accessory Services subscribed, including in the event of a license of use granted to a third party or delegation of rights on the domain name.
You agree to facilitate the prompt resolution of any problem that may arise in connection with Your domain name and, if necessary, to communicate promptly (notably to Sarek) the identity and contact details of any third party benefiting from a license to use Your domain name.
In addition, You remain responsible for any use of Your domain name, including in the event of a user license granted to a third party, unless You disclose the identity and contact information of such third party to the complainant within the time required by the Registries (example: within 7 days for domain names whose extension is managed by ICANN).
In any event, You agree to indemnify, defend, guarantee and hold harmless Sarek, the Supervisory Authorities and Registries as well as their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives from any and all claims, complaints, demands and actions of third parties in connection with the choice, registration or use of Your domain name.
As such, You agree to pay all damages, costs and expenses resulting from these actions or respondents, including reasonable attorneys' and counsel's fees. You are likely to be attracted to any proceedings brought by any third party against Sarek in connection with Your domain name (in particular with regard to the choice, registration and use that is or was made when You were the declared owner).
This guarantee continues after the end of the Agreement, for any reason whatsoever, and is expressly derived from Our own accreditation contracts with the Supervisory Authorities and Registries.
ValidityThe User accepts that if a part of this agreement is revoked, the remainder of the agreement will continue to be valid. The User further accepts that alterations by Sarek in this agreement and/or any subsequent agreements will become a part of the existing agreement without Sarek being required to specifically notify the User of such alterations. If the User is not willing to accept such alterations, then upon receiving written confirmation from the User, Sarek will delete the User's SLD.
Disclaimer of liabilitySarek declares itself and its employees, registries, suppliers and contract workers free from all liability towards the User for loss or damage, both direct and indirect. Users shall treat their allocated user names, passwords and tokens as documents of value. The User shall indemnify and hold harmless Sarek, it's suppliers and the Registry Operator and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of or related to the users domain name registration.
You further agree that we may suspend, modify, transfer, transfer, change ownership or delete the domain name, suspend or terminate the optional services in the following cases:
- in order to correct an error made by the Registry or by Our services or any other Registrar;
- if the payment collection is rejected or cancelled. We will then be entitled either to delete or freeze the domain name that has become unpaid until the payment is regularized or the domain name expires;
- if We are informed of a dispute or infringement off the legal rights of a third person, relating to Your domain name and/or concerning the use made of it, directly or indirectly. We will then be able to block Your domain name, pending its resolution or the decision to be taken;
- pursuant to a court decision, an arbitration body or an administrative commission appointed by the Supervisory Authority or the Registry in the context of an alternative dispute resolution procedure or any document having the force of res judicata between the parties and enforceable against Sarek, relating to Your domain name;
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or an injunction from a competent authority.
DisputesAny disputes regarding domain names or applications for domain name registration shall be resolved to binding effect in Helsinki district court under Finnish law.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)You affirm (and guarantee) that you will not use our Services in connection with any illegal activities or in a manner that violates any applicable local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
You also affirm and guarantee that neither the content you place on our network, nor the domain names you register through our services shall contain or resolve to websites hosted elsewhere which contain illegal activities or prohibited content or links to similar.
Illegal activities and prohibited content include but are not limited to:
- Content that depicts minors engaged in any activity of a sexual nature or which may otherwise harm minors;
- Activities that mislead or deceive minors into viewing sexually explicit material;
- Content or actions that attempt to defraud members of the public in any way (for example, "phishing" sites);
- Content or actions that are used to send unsolicited commercial email (SPAM) or email which is in violation of applicable laws or customary acceptable use of Internet connections, including but not limited to the transmission of child pornography;
- Content that is hateful, defamatory, derogatory or bigoted based on racial, ethnic, political grounds or which otherwise may cause or incite injury, damage or harm of any kind to any person or entity;
- Content that is threatening or invades another person's privacy or property rights or is otherwise in breach of any duty owed to a third party;
- Content or actions that infringe the trademark, copyright, patent rights, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or any other legal rights of Sarek or any third party;
- Content or actions that violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- Content or actions that promote, are involved in or assist in, the conduct of illegal activity of any kind or promote business opportunities or investments that are not permitted under applicable law;
- Content that advertises or offers for sale any goods or services that are unlawful or in breach of any national or international law or regulation;
- Content that advertises or offers for sale any goods or services the Advertiser does not have the legal right to sell; or
- Content that links to or is associated with the sale, promotion or distribution of prescription medication that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Involvement in the unauthorized transfer of a domain(s) from an ICANN accredited Registrar or Registered Domain Holder.
No fees will be refunded if any of the activities mentioned above, or any other inappropriate or illegal activities, result in the suspension, transfer or other such loss your domain name.
Automatic renewal and deletionA summary of the domains in your account will be sent each month. The domains which will soon expire will be listed. The summary will be sent by e-mail to the contact person(s) for the domain name. It will be the final responsibility of the Registrant to ensure that renewal is implemented.
Generic top-level domainThe life cycle of a gTLD (generic top-level domain, for example .com, .net, .info, .biz, .org, etc.) is as follows: Auto-renew grace period: 0-30 days after due date. The domain is active and can still be renewed. Redemption period: 30-60 days after due date. The domain is deactivated. Web pages and e-mail connected to the domain name no longer function. To renew the domain name it must be restored.
Pending delete: 0-5 days after redemption, when it can no longer be renewed. After that the domain is released and is available for registration again.
The price of restoration is 120 €, which includes 1 year's renewal. Please contact email@example.com to order a restoration. If the auto-renewal function has been closed and the domain is not renewed, a reminder will be sent via e-mail to the owner contact 5 days after the expiry date for the domain.